Education & "Back to School" Loans
Realize your education goals. Be the best you can be.
Get children ready for school with a special "Back to School" loan
- Low, low interest rate of 11% per annum on the reducing balance.
- No loan processing fees.
Peace of Mind
- 100% financing. You can get the amount needed.
- Up to ten (10) years to repay.
- Available for all tertiary level studies.
- Funds are disbused when payments are due
- Take the loan yourself if you have regular income during the period of study or have a family member take the loan and meet the monthly payment for you.
- Up to $150,000 in loan protection coverage is offered at no cost to you.
Visit a Branch or call for an appointment with a Loans Officer
Here's a checklist of items you'll need:
- A minimum of 5% of the total amount of the loan requested.
- Acceptance from the school.
- Member shares based on the amount of loan
- Details of tuition fees. Where necessary, details of accommodation costs, living and other expenses
- A recent transcript, if already enrolled in a tertiary institution.
- Most recent pay--slip and letter from employer detailing study leave arrangements (if study leave with pay has been granted by employer).
- Applying for a loan for someone?
-Employed persons--most recent pay-slip or salary statement from your employer.
-Self-employed persons--recent financial statements of business.
- Details of security being offered.
- Your NCCU passbook(s) and a valid photo identification (eg. Social Security card or passport or driver's licence).
- Details of your liabilities and commitments (other loans, hire purchase, household expenses) for the application.
- If the approved loan is $77,000 and upwards or you are 50 years and older, a medical examination by an approved medical doctor is necessary for loan protection coverage.
- Member Share/Loans click here!
Apply for a special "Back to School" Loan to get children ready for school in September. Visit a branch or call for an appointment with a Loans Officer
- Bring in children's book lists and school acceptance letter.
- Apply for up to $3000.
- Pay interest at a low rate of only 8% per annum.
- Repay the loan over 12 months. Pay as little as $87 monthly on $1000
- Pay by salary deduction
- There are no processing fees.
- Apply between June 1 and October 31.
- Available as an unsecured/character loan or a secured loan.